Perhaps the biggest reason Sharretts Plating Company has managed to remain one of the top metal finishing companies after more than 90 years in business is our unwavering focus on delivering high-quality results for every customer, regardless of project size or scope. As an ISO-certified company since 1994, we’re committed to integrating the most stringent quality assurance measures into every aspect of our operation.
Some examples of the numerous quality assurance steps we implement every day include:
- Testing: All our metal finishing processes, such as electroplating, electroless plating, surface preparation, immersion washing and chemical film application, include comprehensive testing to ensure they meet our stringent guidelines. Specific procedures range from solderability and adhesion testing to stress and embrittlement relief treatment. We also use testing to reassess and modify our processes as needed.
- Embracing Technology: New technologies are constantly emerging in every industry these days, and metal finishing is no exception. We’ve found the strategic use of automation, robotics and other cutting-edge technologies allows us to complete projects faster and with fewer errors.
- Industry-Best Training Procedures: Although many aspects of the metal finishing process are now mechanized, our industry still depends on human intervention to deliver top-quality results. We focus on hiring the best people, training them well and giving them the tools they need to succeed.
- Continuous Improvement: We make process improvement a cornerstone of our operating methodology — we firmly believe if you’re not making every effort to get better, it’s only a matter of time before the competition will catch and surpass you. We’re always seeking to answer one question about every aspect of our methodologies: Is there a way to do this more efficiently?
- Waste Reduction: We’ve made a substantial investment in advanced environmental technology to meet today’s increasingly strict regulations — and to reduce the amount of waste produced by our various metal finishing procedures. We also recognize that finding ways to become a “lean” operation also helps minimize our production costs, which benefits our customers in the form of lower prices for our services.
- Cost Control: Delivering superior metal finishing services has little value if they’re beyond the price range of our target customers. By finding ways to cut costs without cutting corners, we’re able to provide affordable metal finishing solutions without sacrificing quality.
- Prompt Delivery: Here at SPC, we understand the importance of getting your finished products to you exactly when you need them. Our quality assurance efforts include ensuring we complete every project to meet our customers’ deadlines, as well as streamlining our shipping processes to avoid unnecessary delays that could disrupt your manufacturing schedule.
A big part of Sharretts Plating’s quality assurance process includes statistical process control and continuous improvement using Six Sigma methodology. SPC utilizes the Six Sigma toolset to reduce variations and different outcomes in projects. This ultimately allows us reduce waste and makes us one of the most efficient plating providers in the U.S.
Contact SPC today to learn more about our quality assurance methods and receive a free quote for your metal finishing project.